Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Texas Heat Sux

It is crazy how in the "cooler" months I so easily forget how hot it gets in the summer. We are dealing with 95+ degree weather and humidity on top of that. I went out to the mail box yesterday when I got home from work (the box is in my yard) and was drenched in sweat by the time I got back into the house. This morning at 6:15 it was already 80 degrees with a high of 101 predicted for today. I truly enjoy my cross-training days because they are done in-doors.

Since last Thursday I have been working out very consistently, I am trying to get used to it since I will be in Costa Rica next Tuesday with no gym. I do however have the beautiful sand and the ocean to use for my workouts, I just have to do it. For some reason it is difficult for me to workout while on vacation, not sure why.

I opted to take the day off on Thursday because I had worked out 6 days in a row.

Friday- spin + 20 mins on treadmill
Saturday- spin
Sunday- 6 miles
Monday- spin
Tuesday-track workout 8 x 400's w/2 min recovery. 2:12, 2:07, 2:09, 2:07, 2:09, 2:10, 2:04 and 1:44.

Tonight I have 30 min run+ core+ 30 min swim.

No comments: