Monday, September 29, 2008

Updates

In my last blog I told you about my best friend with colon cancer. She had surgery on Thursday to remove the cancer, and they were able to get the tumor out and only remove 1/3 of her colon. The doctor's said that the tumor was the size of a large grapefruit. She will be in the hospital until probably Thursday but is feeling much better. They will not know until test results are in- if she will have to have additional treatment. Thank you to all my friends for your thoughts and prayers.



I have not been doing very good with my training, basically I have made it to track and to a long run on the weekends over the last couple of weeks. I need to get back to my Monday's and Thursday's quick. So my plan is to get in 3-5 miles tonight.


Saturday was a 16 miler, I thought I was running 18 but when i got to Luke's the route card was for 16 miles with add on option when we got back. I had plans to babysit the twins at noon so I decided to take my 16 and then go home to prepare for my day with Catia and Ciarra (my bf twins). Babysitting the girls was a blast they are 2 of the happiest babies. My best friend is blessed with beautiful happy babies. Too cute!
Although at this age they pretty much eat and sleep, we had lots of fun watching lifetime too. All of you that know me, know I do not have children of my own (yet), so I live vicariously through my friends that do.


Sunday morning I got up and went for a much needed massage at Massage Envy, one hour with Cruz and I felt like a new woman. There were a few times I thought I would have to B-slap her for hurting me, but I had lots of knots in my neck and shoulders that needed to be worked out. Later in the day my husband and I went to see Pam in the hospital.

2 comments:

Viv said...

Misty I hope you friend has a speedy recovery and this chapther of her life is donw with.

I am so happy I got to run a couple miles with you even though I was quiet it is only because I was dying out there chickie! You are doing great and you missed a few runs becuase hello.. chaos is our area. Things are getting back to "normal" as so will your weekday runs.

The twins are just precious let me know when you want to spend an evening getting tackled by a 5 year ol and watching Sponge Bob till his laugh erks your last nerve. LOL!

K said...

Cute little ones! Glad to hear your friend is feeling better. I'll continue to pray for her complete healing...