Monday, September 22, 2008

It has been almost a week since we got our power back and yet I still have friends that do not. I do not understand how one neighborhood has power and the next does not. I chose not to run on Saturday and planned a long run for Sunday. Friday night my husband and I went to dinner and a few drinks, which I really needed. Sometimes I feel like I can not stay at the house a have a drink, sometimes I need to pay $3 or $4 for one beer than to buy a whole six pack and drink at home. I really needed a Saturday to sleep in, so I did but I went up to Luke's about 8:00 and after all of my running friends finished their run we got together at Berryhill for taco's. It was great to see my friends and to hear their hurricane stories. Everyone survived some with no damage some with quiet a bit.

On Sunday I got up and went to Starbucks to meet up with some WRC members for a long run. Debbie Tripp and I decided we wanted to run 12 so we met at 6:30 and ran out one mile and ran back. We meet up with Judi, Susan, Najat & fast Robin. It was a nice run a little humid at first but it was not scorching hot.

About 1:00 in the afternoon my husband and I went to visit one of my very dear friends and her family. We spent the day by the BBQ pit and chit chatting about old times and new. You see my friend was just diagnosed with colon cancer on Wednesday and we should know today when she will be scheduled for surgery. They will not know how extensive the cancer is until they get in there see what they have to work with. Please say a prayer for her and her family, as she has 3 small children a little boy 2-1/2 and twin girls that are 4 months today. It makes me so mad every time I hear the word cancer. I have had many family members that battled cancer (all have perished) and it is such a horrible disease. I am so angry that such a young (37 yrs old) vibrant women is about to go through surgery this week and then possibly months of agonising treatments.

3 comments:

E said...

Great job on your run.

I will keep your friend and her family in my prayers.

K said...

I will be praying for your friend and her family. I HATE CANCER!

Viv said...

I will keep your frined in my prayers.