Sunday, September 7, 2008

Long Run


Saturday morning long run from Luke's was fabulous. I woke up at 4:45 and had lots of time to get everything ready, when I walked outside I knew it was going to be a great morning for a run. It was 67 degrees and very crisp. I was a little nervous because I had 16 miles on the schedule and I had never run more that 14.2. We ran wit the half marathoners for 10.5 miles and I guess we missed our first water stop because we did not see water until right at 6 miles. Thank goodness for the cool weather because we would have been dying. We went back to Luke's and picked our new route cards for the final 6 miles. There were options from 13-18 with different turn around points. I was feeling so good that I added and extra 1.5 miles. So yesterday was the first time I knew I can finish my first marathon in November. I am so excited. 17.5, 3 hr 18 mins. 11:22 avg pace Whoo Hoo! Here is my photo after the run..

3 comments:

E said...

Great job on your long run! You look awesome!

K said...

Awesome Misty!!

Marcy said...

Lookin good!! ;D