Friday, September 19, 2008

Finally some normalcy

Last I finally got a touch of normalcy. There was no generator to gas up(when there was no gas), nothing on the pit, the yards on my street are starting to look manicured, the trees are coming off/out of my neighbors homes and slowly but surely power is coming back up in the streets around me. OH and WE HAVE GAS AGAIN!!!

I finally got to get out for a run last night. I never thought that Ike would cause so much BLAH for me, my family and my friends especially since I live about 40 miles north or downtown Houston and even further from the coast. I went to Debbie's house and we ran our Millbend Loop it is a 3.7 miles loop with a .4 mile walk to the loop for a warm up and a .4 mile walk back to her house for our cool down. This does not seem like a far run and it wasn't but we were out there on the path again, only to jump over a few small branches. It was peaceful and the breeze was cool.

This weekend I am going for a 10 miler.. We'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

E said...

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal for you and your loved ones. Hope you have a great 10 miler and a good weekend.