Monday, June 16, 2008

June 13th- 16th

So I have taken it a little easy on the workouts the last few days. Thursday night I was so exhausted when I got home that I decided to neglecte my run and relaxe in my recliner. Friday morning I woke up and went to my Pliates class and then to work. Work was good had lunch with some of my girl friends and then went to Lowe's to buy my daddy a gift card for father's day. Saturday morning went up to Luke's for WF fall program training, it was an easy coarse just out and back with several turn around options for all running groups. I chose the 5.28 option, on my way back I ran into my co-worker Ron on the trains so he turned around a block early and ran back towards North Shore park with me. Run was nice everyone finished up great, we even had a few more entries. I am thinking this group is going to be quite big for our first season of the fall program. After the run I visited with some of the girls and then home to get ready to go to Kingwood. We went out to my dad's in for a late lunch we ate at Manuel's yum yum is all I can say. After lunch I got in the pool and my dad and Logan cut frons off of the 15 ft palm tree in my dads back yard, after that they got in the pool for a swim too. Later that night (much later) we joined our cousins for the midnight showing of "Rocky Horror Picture Show". This was the first time I have been to the River Oaks movie theater to see this. It was so crazy with the people acting out the show on stage plus all of the people in the audiance were yalling and throwing paper and other things. We had a blast! But a very late night for me. Sunday we woke up and had breakfest with my mom and Steve, went home cleaned house and watched NASCAR (love it) and finally Dale Jr. gets his win. The best race I have seen in I can not say when. He had just enough gas to finish the race when a caution comes out with 3 laps to go, so for 5 laps he coasts around the track before the restart. Thank god he is the driver that he is and he was able to save enough gas to pull out the win. So he runs out of gas as he crosses the finish line and gets pushed back to the pits. No gas left for his burnout and victory lap. Go 88!!
Sunday evening we went to my father-in-laws for his father's day and grilled out and watch the golf tournement. All in all it was a wonderful and very eventful weekend.

So tonight I will run!

1 comment:

Viv said...

Pilates..Are the streches helping you with the running? I really need to add a yoga or pilates session in my life. LOL at the Lowe's card I dittoed that for my Dad.