Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Marathon Training Begins

This week we are wrapping up a session of Strive, it has been a great 12 weeks. The new session begins on July 27th and I am really looking forward to getting started on my marathon training. The last 12 weeks I have been spending my Tuesday nights at the track with the "tri" group. This is an amazing group of men and women that have amazing abilities in multi-sport. They range in all ages and have helped me realize that no matter age/gender or athletic ability that I can do anything I put my mind to. On Sundays I usually spend my mornings on long runs with old and new friends from WF and TWRC. These individuals like Team Strive all have so many accomplishments and have all inspired me to be the best that I can be. So thank you to all the new/old friends I have met in the running community over the past 2-1/2 yrs, you all have helped me become the "athlete" I am today.

So starting this weekend the mileage on Sundays will go up & I will be adding more days of running. So bring on the marathon training season.

Monday- spin class 60 mins
Tuesday- 1 mile warm up; 6 x 100's (hard effort) with 300 moderate recovery

Hope to see you on the roads

No comments: