Wednesday, July 29, 2009

KILLER Track Workout

Track work out was a killer but I made it through.

Lactate reps, 10x400
Lactate repeats. Warm up 1.5. Then 10 x 400m fast (recover 30-45 seconds). Now I am just guessing when I say this but I am am about 100% sure of this. It was 94 degrees at 6:45 when my warm up started. And about 93 at 7:45 when the work out was finished. Warm up was about 10:15 pace. 2:06 2:05 2:01 1:56 1:58 1:57 1:58 2:08 1:58and finally 1:58. Finished at 9:01 overall pace including w/u. Not bad for me in this heat. 1 x 400 WALKING c/d. I guess I was somewhat consistent except for 8 but either I slowed down or I was going to puke and with feeling kind of shitty anyway I did not want to puke my guts too. By the time I walked my 400 I was feeling much better. I am still waiting for October to get get here where some of our track workouts will be 75. Living in Texas is great but it so "effen" HOT and HUMID here.

Apologies to Coach Bill and Coach K, I will defiantly be more careful what I post on my blog. In my defence the work I was talking about making up Friday is a strength and cross training w/o not a RUN workout.

Also on this day I broke the news to my runner partner that I will be adjusting my "long" run schedule. Starting real soon I will be running long on Saturday's. Also with this change I hope to be adding bike rides on Sunday so that I can A.) Learn to ride my bike and B.)Get ready for my FIRST sprint Tri in October. I am only testing the waters but everyone tells me that I will fall in love. Oh and I have finally come to terms with this race will be in Sugarland and not in Clear Lake. Thanks to Shellie and Gena who did not want me to show up in the wrong city on race day.

Earlier in the day my boss informed me he was leaving the company, which makes me nervous. The oilfield as every other industry is hurting in the times, but my boss has done a wonderful job of holding our group together. He will be hard to replace and will be missed dearly by all of us. Good Luck LU. Hopefully our VP will bring us somebody as great as him.

Well that was my Tuesday, it was great, crazy and hard all in one.

Hope to see you on the roads!

3 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

i'll bet that you get bit by the tri bug just like i hate ;)

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

400's...Just did some myself yesterday They make a woman outta you, for sure!

Mistyfied said...

It was a difficult night at the track but it definatly makes a differance.