Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Biggest Loser

I must say this was a fantastic season for the biggest loser. I was truly amazed at the weight loss for these contestants this season. Helen.. Wow she is one hot momma. I think when she got to the ranch her girls weighed more that 117lbs. I think it is wonderful that The Biggest Loser helps people achieve their dreams. My husband had to tell that if I had Julian Micheal's kicking my ass for 5 months 4-5 hours a day and I had a kitchen stocked with all healthy food that I did not have to pay for that I would have won the Biggest Loser. (awh how sweet) What I can not figure out is how they all complete a full marathon without any marathon training. Yeah they worked out hard core and did lots of weight/cardio training, but hell as a marathon runner we all know that it takes many hours of hard core running. Tara ran her 26.2 in 4:54- holy crap I defiantly have a new goal this season.

I met with Coach K last night to talk about race schedule, I had to explain to her that I am the type of runner who climbs the wall when I do not have something in the near future to train for. I went to her with 4 possible marathons, 3 half's and one 10 miler for October-February. She explained to me what was more important was my goals for these races. So now I am working on concentrating on which races are more important. The only problem is I don't have anything to do until October. So I am still climbing the walls.

Track work out last night 30 min TT with 1 mile warm up, 2 X strides and drills. Great workout with Team Strive.

2 comments:

P.O.M. said...

I felt so happy for Helen - she really brought it and kicked some booty at the end there! Tara looked amazing. And how can you NOT be inspired by Estelle and Jerry???? I mean if they can change thier lifestyle at that age, we can all do it!

Viv said...

I saw the last episode and all I know is that I instatnly fell in love with Tara.You are gonna smash her marathon time this year I feel it!! 10 miler in OCT I am gueesing 104TX I hope to be there with you, just slower of course.