Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Track night

Last night at the track was probably the best workout I have had in a long time. I was very gruelling and it wiped me out but I felt great when I finished. When I got to the track Bill informed that I would be working out with George. At first I was a little nervous, but it turned out to be FF. I did a 1 mile warm up with George, Robin (special K) and Debbie Tripp. Our workout was 8 X 300 with a very slow 100 recovery. George of coarse kicked our butts, but we were not to far behind him. My Garmin was not charged and as soon as I got to the track and turned it on it turned back off, so I do not have actual numbers but from Robin's watch we did each 300 in 1:22-1:25. Not bad in my book. I have been a little torn on an issue, On February 7th there is another trail run in Huntsville State Park, it is a 50 miler- yes I said 50 miler. I want to run it, and I am trying to listen to my heart and my mind but they do not agree 100%. My mind says dark trails a week after my 1/2 marathon in Huntington which I am shooting for a 2:15 PR and 3 weeks before TIR which I really want to participate in (and be healthy) maybe not the best idea. My mind also along with my heart tells me I can do it. My heart says if I don't do it now, will there be another time. My heart tells me to run with my friends. My coach says yes/but no for alot of the same reasons I am torn. The crazy person in me says, "It's $50, I get 29 hours and I can take a power nap if need be, if my friends can do it I have to do it with them". I guess I will hold out on the entry for another week and see if I move closer to one or the other.

No comments: