Monday, August 18, 2008

Slacked last week a bit

Tuesday at track was easy. 1 mile warm up and 5 x 400 w/200 recovery. Then nothing until Saturday.

Saturday up at 5:00am for WF. On the schedule was 14 miles (furthest I have ever run). It was very humid but every now and then we had a bit of a breeze (which was nice). I ran with Kelly and Kathleen we had nice conversation and we kept each other going. We joked about ways to stash dry clothes along the way because our shorts were so nasty with sweat. I chaffed in a place where I never have before, so more body glide in more places next week. My knees really started to hurt around 11 miles as I realized it had been a few days since I took my glucosemen, shame on me. Kelly was also having some knee problem so we opted to walk to last 3/4 mile. I went home and took my first ice bath, it was not as bad as I thought and it really helped my knee and hips.

Sunday went a clinic on nutrition at Legends Sports Complex. It was a great clinic with great info. Now I just need to figure out how I am going to get up early enough to have a balanced breakfast before my runs on Saturday.

Tonight I am going for a much needed massage.

1 comment:

Viv said...

Oh enjoy the massage you deserve it! Whooho on the 14, Isay all the fitt'er out there on my way to the bike ride and so many were drenched.