Thursday, March 3, 2011

I am thinking a 60's kind of weekend

On Saturday my mom turns 60 and we have a surprise party planned for her, I am thinking she is going to be super thrilled. We have about 35 friends and family coming out to celebrate with her on her 60 years of excellence and sometime not so excellence. My step dad is surprising her with a plane ticket to California to see my brother.

On Sunday I am signed up to do the Continental ride with several teammates and I am signed up for the 67 miler. The furthest I have ridden so far was 62 prior to Iron Star back in November. Thankfully it is a supported ride and I can take lots of breaks. I was surprised that Coach G did not frown and say hell no you are not riding 67 miles. Well see what happens as I will have to be a good girl at my moms party if i am going to ride the hills for 67 miles.

Also on Sunday we will have a high of 68 degrees so we will have great weather for my 67 mile bike ride!

Hope to see you on the roads!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I hope your mom doesn't read your blog!!!! :) Sunday is going to be gorgeous!! I need to remember sunscreen so we don't get a burn. Should we already be thinking of post ride food?

TX Runner Mom said...

Enjoy the ride! I was thinking of doing that one, but the hubby's on call and you just never know what's gonna happen!