Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lonestar Sprint

A week from Saturday I will be competing in my second sprint triathlon. I would like to think I have come a long way since October, but I am still scared shitless. I have a .33 mile swim which I have more than done in the pool and in one open water training swim, but for some reason as I blog about all the time swimming still scares me horribly. I have since bought a tri bike that I am still learning to ride but have managed to get to avg 16+ mph on each ride. My goal in this race is to have fun, be healthy and (tri) like hell to beat 1:30.

I learned on Monday night that I do have 3 speeds- in swimming sets of 200's 50/50/100 flip flopped easy/mod/fast. Swam 2 50's in under 1 min, which I have never done. Last Thursday I avg 17.3 mph on the bike. So I am improving, I am just worried about putting it all together.

Saturday I will have another open water swim, that I am already nervous about. But I keep hearing it all goes away with time.

Hope to see you on the roads and in the water soon!

8 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Can't wait to hear all about it! You'll do great!!

Richard said...

There is sometimes a big mental hurdle to get over in triathlon when you do new races, open water swims, and other such things, but it is only mental. You'll be fine and I bet you'll be faster than you think.

I expect to see you out there Saturday and I'll be cheering you on.

Black Knight said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Black Knight said...

Good luck on your race!

Johann said...

You are brave! Good luck with the triathlon! You'll do great.

TX Runner Mom said...

Best of luck Misty! I've done about several OWS practices and I still freak out in the water...I think it's a mental thing. Good luck this weekend, I am sure you will do great!!!

Christina said...

How did it go?

Mistyfied said...

I will give a race report later in the week. I survived but only because the swim was canceled Saturday morning due to high currents and winds. So it turned in to a du. Bike was descent and run was good for me, there are just to many fast runners in my AG.