Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Good Deed

On Monday I headed to the pool for 2100 I was swimming in the middle lane between an older gentleman and a guy about my age. About half way through my workout I over heard the older gentlemen say that his eyes were burning when I realized he was not wearing any goggles. The younger guy said that he was almost done with his set and he could use his. Knowing I always have about 3 or 4 pair of goggles in my bag I offered him a pair. He laughed and said "thank you I guess I will go to Walmart when I leave". As I swam back down the lane to my swim bag I thought to myself why make him go to Walmart. I handed him two pair and told him to try them both on and he could have the one that fit best. I think I have a new friend for life. I hope the goggles do him justice.

Tuesday- track w/o 6 x 400 and dinner with friends.

Today is registration for Marine Corp Marathon, will I sign up? I let you know later in the week.

Hope to see you on the roads soon!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Ya'all Texans are always so damn nice and friendly!
That was very generous and stuff like that we need in this crazy, uptight world!
Way to go Misty!