Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Day 5 miler and other updates




On Thanksgiving morning I ran Run Through The Woods in The Woodlands. It is a great local 5 mile race that is about 1 mile from my house. It also includes a children's 1 mile race and a 3 mile family walk. It is a flat coarse other than 1 overpass that you go over twice. Every year this race seems to attract more and more ppl, this year there were about 5000 participants. It was a cool morning and the race went well, my coach and I had talked about what my goals were for the future that include a 1/2 mary on Dec 13 and a full on Jan 17. I had decided to have fun with this 5 miler and not really race it. With all that said it turned out to be a great morning, I felt good and I ended up with a PR- unintended but everything felt right and it just turned out that way. PR 50:11.

After two days of completely stuffing myself full of food with Thanksgiving turkey, potato's, greenbean casserole and stuffing I ran long on Saturday. I ran my first 20 miles since completing Oklahoma marathon back in April. It was a challenging run for me, I started out with a couple friends who are a little set back with injury but after about 7 miles I was on my own. I tried to stay focused and when the Garmin beeped at each mile I drank fluids and depending on mile I was at ate a Gu or took endurolites. When I arrived back at Starbucks Team Strive all cheered me back in and congratulated me on completing 20 miles- the longest run of the group that day.

Monday night I headed to the track for 5.25 easy miles.

Tuesday TRACK w/o was canceled boo

Tonight is the first night of swim clinic with Woodlands Master swim- I am swimming with the big boys tonight- I am kind of nervous..

Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband Logan (who does not even read my blog).

6 comments:

Diana said...

Happy Anniversary!
Nice running lately. Good luck on the 13th!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Ooooh, have fun at masters, i just joined recently too, and love it! Happy anniversary!

Richard said...

Congrats on the anniversary, and good wishes for many more!

TX Runner Mom said...

Great job on your runs!!! Can't wait to hear how the Master's swim went...I'm a bit intimidated by it. And, happy anniversary!!!

K said...

Beautiful picture of you and your husband, Misty! Hope your anniversary was full of joy!

Christina said...

I love the picture. Happy anniversary