Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"Active Rest"


Since I have been stopped by the moles and on "active rest" as Richard puts it, I have been trying to keep from going in sane. Actually this could not have happened at a better time in life. Normally I spend at least 5 out of 7 days in my training, I am either at the the gym, at my swim class or getting in my mileage. Since I have been out on rest I have been spending my training time with my very dear Pam. She is in her final days of her battle with colan cancer. I met Pam about 13 years ago at work and we have been like sisters every since, we have lived some fabulous days together. I will miss her dearly, but I know I will see her again some day soon. So I may have complained about not being able to train but this time off has been truly precious. The pool will always be there to swim, the gym will always be there to lift and the roads will always be there to pound on. But it will be a while before I will see Pam after she's with her keeper.

Live each day like there is no tomorrow!

3 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

wow, sorry about your friend Pam, and you're so right about living life like there's no tomorrow. well said. hugs.

Diana said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog-nice to "meet" you!
Kudos to you for being by your friend's side. She is lucky to have you.
My mother-in-law is frantic over this triathlon stuff and everyone dieing! I have one in 2 weeks, so can't wait to prove that I won't be a statistic.....but it's sweet karma if that's the way I do leave this world!

Viv said...

Beautifully said Misty....Hope you enjoyed some time with Pam on these active rest days.