Monday, April 25, 2011

Am I am athlete?

Well I though so until I decided to take Athletic conditioning at my gym (Villa Sport). At the beginning of the class the instructor tells us if we are new to take breaks as we need them but that they do not take breaks in this class because most of the people in the class are die-hards. So immediately I think ok can I sneak out of here without anybody noticing. I realize hey your here you can do this, I am a triathlete right. For an hour me and "the die-hards" do push up after push up, jump rope, jumping lungs, star bursts over and over. I noticed the die-hards took as many breaks as I did so I thought this is not that bad I am sure my shoulders will be sore but I got this. I enjoyed the workout and arse kicking I got, I left Villa feeling great. Friday morning I woke up a little sore but nothing I could not handle. Friday night I went for a 7 mile run in the sauna with Gena, Greg and Micah which left me feeling a little sick to my stomach. When I got home I packed my bag and got all my fluids ready fro my bike ride on Saturday. 5:00am Saturday morning I rolled over, put my feet on the floor and hit the ground. My calf's were so tight I could hardly walk to the bathroom to get ready. That's when I decided there was no way I would be able to ride in the wind that was going to grace us. I crawled back in bed and slept in until 9. So I ask myself Am I an athlete? Hell Yeah Athletes need a break from a good arse kicking too!

Hope to see you on the roads soon!

1 comment:

TX Runner Mom said...

LOL, I felt the same way after doing the Insanity workout for the 1st time. It kicked my arse!